Almond Butter Cups
If you struggle with sweet cravings, you're not alone. Until I truly learned about supporting balanced blood sugar through the foods I was eating and when I was eating, sweets were my weakness. After all, sugar is like an addictive drug that gives us that hit of dopamine. Finding treats that would curb the craving, but not totally dismantle my efforts to eat clean were a game changer. These sweet treats are easy to make and store in the freezer when those sugar cravings hit. Packed with protein and healthy fats they are a 4 ingredient recipe that are SO dang simple!
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 melted creamy nut butter
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into mini muffin tin or molds.
- Freeze until hard and store in freezer.
- Note: if you want to layer them, as pictured, mix all ingredients except nut butter together. Pour one layer of the chocolate mixture in bottom of molds and freeze until solid. Add layer of nut butter on top of chocolate mixture and freeze again. Top with final chocolate mixture layer and freeze for a final time.