Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
When I started clean eating I figured I'd have to give up the delicious comfort foods that we all know and love. A good ol' creamy beef stroganoff was one that came to mind, but I've found that isn't actually the case. The truth is that by modifying a few ingredients with cleaner options, you can in fact enjoy some of your favorite comfort food recipes and stay aligned to your healthy lifestyle. Clean eating plus comfort food magic is right here AND with the simplicity of a crockpot meal...this is what quick, easy, and healthy dinner recipe dreams are made of.
- 1.5 lbs sirloin steak tips or stew beef, cubedped
- 1/2 large white onion, chop
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place beef inside crockpot and top with onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together broth, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour on top of beef mixture in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. After 6 hours, add the coconut cream.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder and water. Pour over beef in crockpot.
- Continue to cook in crockpot until sauce is thickened and beef is tender.
- Serve over pasta prepared according to package.