Better Business Boutique LLC
Effective September, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect: (i) on this Website, (ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website, and (iii) when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or (ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geography; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies).
- From third parties, for example, Google Analytics, and other companies that we contract with in our ad network.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our Website, registering on our Website, placing an order, subscribing to a newsletter or entering other information on our Website).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website (e.g. comments sections), or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. It is your responsibility to seek out additional information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or from what you provide to us.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use this information to collect data and statistical analysis about use of the Website.
- We may use this information to quickly process and deliver products and services purchased on our Website.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests.
- We may use this information to contact you back with respect to any comments or use of the contact form on this Website.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the business of the Company and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our users or others.
TRANSMITTAL OF INFORMATION
We are located in Colorado. If you provide information to this Website from a location outside the United States, the information may not remain in the country where you enter it.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM PARTICIPATION
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. The Company may be a participant in an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and providing links to certain websites. This program may utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Sometimes the Company participates in sponsored posts and reviews of products. Those will always be disclosed in the post itself. All the opinions are always the author’s own, truthful, whether paid (monetarily or through free product) or not. The author strives to only promote products the author believes are good and useful for readers and the author doesn’t make claims that the author does not believe in. If the Company claims or appears to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This Website may be affiliated with certain marketing companies for the purpose of placing advertising on the Website. Those third party companies may collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. Where practical, the Company will update this policy disclosing those third party companies.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If we learn of a security breach involving our collection of your personal information, we will inform you and others in accordance with applicable law.
We store your personal information that we collect for as long as it is needed for the purposes outlined herein only. However, if you ask us to remove personal information from active databases, we may retain it for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND DELETION
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you may check your personal information to verify, update, or correct it, and to have any obsolete information removed. You also have the right to request that your personal information be deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason, and you have the right to data portability if it should become relevant. You can also ask to review any of the information that we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it at any time, by contacting us as indicated below under the heading “Contact Information.”
The email address users provide may be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. They will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related service information, etc. If at any time the user would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, or user may contact us via our Website or using the contact information below.
Better Business Boutique LLC
Attn: Lyndsey King